Emergency Services Board
Fire Safety on the Water
Flooding & Moving Water
Frequently Asked Questions
Memorial and Honor
Mission and Objectives
Pipe & Drum Band
Spanish for Firefighters
Weather and Water
WE WANT YOU!
KVFD Visit to UTMB Children's Hospital
Once again your volunteer fire department got to spread a little joy to children in the hospital this Christmas season. Firefighters Kyle Reiss and Tyler Westerman delivered a box of stuffed animals.
2014 SANTA AROUND TOWN INFORMATION AND MAP
Kemah Fire Department is once again planning its annual “SANTA AROUND TOWN”. The Fire trucks carrying Santa and his helpers, with candy and greetings of holiday cheer, will be going all around town on Thursday, December 18th from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. (approximate*). Please come out and greet Santa, as horns and sirens announce his arrival in your neighborhood; starting at the fire station, going thru Southeast Kemah, then Kemah Village, Kemah Oaks, the Boardwalk, Northwest Kemah, Lazy Bend and finally Clear Lake Shores. *Times and Route may vary depending on weather, road construction and/or emergency calls. We wish all, a very Merry Christmas and a Safe, Happy New Year.
DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is urging consumers to replace the batteries in their smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) alarms this weekend for Daylight Saving Time. Daylight Saving Time ends on Sunday, November 2. Fresh batteries allow smoke and CO alarms to do their jobs saving lives by alerting families of a fire or a buildup of deadly carbon monoxide in their homes.
FIRE PREVENTION WEEK
A SPECIAL SUPRISE TO HELP COMMEMORATE SEPTEMBER 11TH, 2013
To our brothers, sisters, family and friends in the Houston Fire Department and the 19 members of the Prescott "hotshot" wildfire team
Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing (CSST) Awareness
The State Fire Marshal's Office and the National Association of State Fire Marshals (NASFM) urge all property owners with buildings and homes constructed after 1989 with yellow Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing (CSST) to have the tubing checked for proper bonding and grounding. CSST is at risk of damage and fire from a lightning strike if not properly bonded and grounded.
From NASMF: "[CSST] is a flexible, stainless steel pipe used to supply natural gas and propane in residential, commercial and industrial structures. Coated with a yellow, or in some cases, a black exterior plastic coating, CSST is usually routed beneath, through and alongside floor joists in your basement, inside interior wall cavities and on top of ceiling joists in attic spaces... ... If you find CSST after inspecting your home or business, it is strongly recommended that you determine if the CSST system is properly bonded and grounded. A bonding device should be installed on your natural gas system in order to reduce the chances of a natural gas leak or fire. Bonding is provided primarily to prevent a possible electric shock to people who come in contact with the gas piping and other metal objects connected to the grounding system. Nearby lightning strikes can also result in an electrical surge and can potentially puncture a hole in the CSST. Proper bonding and grounding will reduce the risk of damage and fire from a lightning strike."
NASFM has set up a CSST Safety site to answer all of your questions about CSST.
HURRICANE SEASON BEGINS JUNE 1
If you are asked to evacuate, you should do so without delay. But unless you live in a coastal or low-lying area, an area that floods frequently, or in manufactured housing, it is unlikely that emergency managers will ask you to evacuate. That means that it is important for you and your family to HAVE A PLAN that makes you as safe as possible in your home.
To those affected by the West, Texas disaster and the Oklahoma tornado we wish you the best during this difficult time.
To our brothers, sisters, family and friends in the Bryan Fire Department
Grapefruit and Medicines
We've known for twenty years it's not safe to mix grapefruit and some prescription drugs. Eighty-five drugs are known or suspected to interact with grapefruit. More than half of them can cause very serious effects. These include dangerous heart rhythms, kidney damage, muscle damage... Read on.
OUR SINCEREST CONDOLENSES
To the angels young and old, the Newtown community and Sandy Hook Elementary we stand with you through this difficult time.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE KEMAH VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENT RECIPIENT OF THE 2012 FIRST RESPONDER ORGANIZATION OF THE YEAR AWARD
First Responder Award honors a first responder organization that demonstrated leadership in EMS in patient care, public access, medical control, disaster preparedness, public education or training.
Texas Department of Health Awards Website (click here)
THANKYOU TO THE KOCH PIPELINE COMPANY
We were suprised at out last Emergency Services Board meeting by representatives from the Koch Pipeline Company who made a $500 donation to our department. The contribution is greatly appreciated and showing up in person to present the check was really icing on the cake.
Thankyou so much!
Merle Teeter Koch Pipeline Company with Chief Hahn
2011 Awards Banquet
Congratulations to all of the service award recipients and thanks to the banquet committee for an awesome banquet. I cannot wait for next year...
Special recognition for Fire Chief Brent Hahn on his exemplary leadership.
Dustin Blue was both Rookie of the Year and Top Responder.
David Zinsky was Officer of the Year.
Recieving the Chiefs Award was Assistant Chief Steve Ruthstrom.
A special thanks to all those who donated items for our members and guests.
SPIRVIN GROUP – ROLF SCHAUMBURGER
WHAT’S COOKIN’ BISTRO
MATT WIGGINS - WINE DOWN BISTRO -
EDGEWATER INN - BUBBAS SHRIMP PALACE
THANKYOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT IN THE FIRE DEPARTMENT FEE ELECTION
We are ecstatic to see the strong show of support provided by the community and look forward to working hard to earn every penny.
THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!
PLEASE SUPPORT KVFD IN OUR UPCOMING ELECTION
The Kemah Volunteer Fire Department is requesting to increase our service fee in order to better protect our community. The department is working hard to keep our operating costs under control. However, increases in insurance, mandatory equipement certification, maintenance and fuel costs over the years have negatively impacted our ability to appropriately respond to issues that arise. A simple example is shown in our 2011 Property Inventory which lists 21 full sets of bunker gear for our organization currently boasting 31 members. Help us help you and vote yes to the Fire Department Fee increase proposition.
THANKYOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!